Speech, Language, and Learning Services
Views of the new facility opening in early 2015 from the northwest, southeast, and interior lobby.
The friendly, expert care of our speech-language pathologists and learning disability specialists helps ease communication and cognitive challenges for hundreds of infants, children and adults each year. Clients gain confidence in everyday home, school, work and social activities with personalized, evidence-based techniques and strategies.
Clients receive high quality, caring assistance directed by university faculty -- accomplished clinicians who teach the communication-cognitive sciences to future professionals. Client relationships and treatment plans are supervised by faculty as they guide graduate student clinical training. The Clinic partners with medical teams, educators, and other professionals to ensure comprehensive care for each client.
"From the very start, my speech-pathologist was supportive, understanding, and compassionate."
Types of Assistance
- Speech-language therapy in individual and/or group formats
- Speech-language evaluations providing initial diagnosis and second opinions
- Learning disability evaluations and remediation
- Multi-disciplinary evaluations involving learning disability, speech-language and hearing
- Home-based early intervention speech-language therapy and evaluations
- Additional services
Speech and Language Services
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Childhood Apraxia (CAS)
- Cognitive-Communicative Problems Following Brain Injury
- Early intervention speech-language therapy and evaluations
- Language and Literacy
- Language Delays and Disorders
- Motor Speech Disorders (Apraxia, Dysarthria)
- Pragmatic (Social) Language Disorder
- Receptive and Expressive Language
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Stuttering (Fluency Disorder)
- Swallowing (Dysphagia)
- Transgender Voice/Communication Therapy
- Voice Disorders