Seminar Series: Careers in the Creative Economy
EPICS offers two five session, zero-credit career development seminars for those interested in working in the creative economy: Careers in the Entertainment Industry and Creative Careers for the Business World.
Careers in the Entertainment Industry targets those interested in working within the Entertainment Industry. Through this five-class seminar, students will:
- Discover what opportunities are for them
- Realize how to launch and sustain their career
- Practice meeting and interviewing effectively
- Learn the structure of the industry and their fit
- Write their own strategic plan
- Implement their networking strategy
Creative Careers for the Business World targets those interested in business careers with a creative edge. Some of these industries include marketing, advertising, public relations, and media communications. Through this five-class seminar, students will learn how to:
- Understand themselves, ultimately identifying the right industry and job
- Develop a job and internship search strategy
- Build and leverage their network
- Build powerful resumes and cover letters
- Master the interview, search wrap-up, and first day on the job/internship
Each seminar is taught by EPICS Director, Heather Trulock and is open on a first-come, first-serve basis to SoC undergrads (sophomore standing and above). Industry professionals serve as guest speakers for both seminars.