What we look for in a student:
In order to build a strong and diverse class, we look for applicants who possess a number of key characteristics, including:
- clear rationale for pursuing the MS in Health Communication;
- strong interest in pursuing or continuing a career related to Health Communication;
- leadership, initiative, and impact which can be demonstrated in the application through professional achievements, extracurricular activities, and recommendation letters;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated through personal statement, recommendation letters and interview; and
- fit with the Northwestern approach to professional education as demonstrated through interview and personal statement.
- A traditional healthcare or communications background is not required.
- The individual evaluation occurs within context of larger applicant pool.
- There is no “formula” or “cutoff” that determines a candidate’s outcome. The review process is holistic.
- There are no prerequisite courses for admission.
- Standardized test scores (such as GRE) are optional.